We bring you the ultimate trick to know how to fry peppers with oil and water to make them tender on the inside and golden on the outside. The perfect combination so you can feel them melt in every bite.
Fried peppers are a perfect garnish for countless dishes. But there are peppers and THERE are peppers. The way they are cooked makes them a real delicacy: tender on the inside and golden on the outside, finger-licking good!
Take note of the ingredients you need to have ready to start cooking. This quantity is ideal for two people and has a simple difficulty that will only take you 15 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 250 ml water
- 3 Italian green peppers
What is the best oil for frying peppers?
The extra virgin olive oil for frying is the best option, as it is highly resistant to high temperatures. Moreover, due to the antioxidants it contains, it performs better than other vegetable oils high in oleic acid, such as sunflower oil.
How to fry green peppers
- Prepare the frying pan and place on the heat with the two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. We recommend the Picual variety so that the peppers get a powerful flavour.
- When the extra virgin olive oil Picual is hot, add the peppers. Squeeze them with the spoon to give them more contact with the pan.
- After a couple of minutes, turn the peppers over so that they are also evenly cooked on the other side.
- Place a lid over the pan and add the water to the pan. The water will seep into the pan on its own and you can avoid burns, as peppers splash a lot.
- Turn up the heat a little. The water will start to boil and evaporate. The peppers will be left with the olive oil that does not evaporate.
- Let them brown to your liking, give them a final turn and they're ready to serve!
What to serve with green peppers
If you don't know what to accompany fried green peppers with, here are the best ideas for a complete and delicious menu. Accompanied by potato omelette with onion and goat's cheeseis ideal for a lunchtime meal. They are also a perfect garnish for meat or fish recipes.
Now you know all the tricks of the trade to become a master of how to fry green peppers so they are tender on the inside and golden on the outside. The secret is in the preparation and in using quality products. What are you waiting for to try it?