Do you love pizza, but never dare to make your own homemade dough? If you've always wanted to make a homemade 100% pizza, but haven't tried, thinking that making the dough is complicated, it's time to get your hands on the dough. It's easier than you think and the taste is unique.
It is necessary to use quality ingredients to ensure that it is not only tasty, but also healthy. Discover how to make homemade pizza dough with extra virgin olive oil. At Moral Oils we tell you all the steps to get an authentic Italian pizza dough.
Importance of using extra virgin olive oil in homemade pizza dough
Many people have the mistaken belief that pizza is unhealthy "fast food". However, the truth is that this is true if low quality products are used, but by using good ingredients, pizza can be a very healthy meal.
Adding a good extra virgin olive oil to the dough instead of using another saturated fat is key to ensure that it is not harmful to the body. The benefits of using EVOO in meals are numerous, if you want to achieve an authentic Italian pizza dough and delight yourself with an excellent taste, choosing a quality product will make all the difference.
How to make homemade pizza dough
Ingredients for making homemade pizza dough
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup baker's flour
- 6 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons of EVOO
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
First of all, you need to bear in mind that the pizza dough needs to be left to rest. Therefore, it is best to make it the day before or you can even make several to leave frozen and ready to bake each time.
- Heat the cups of water until they reach about 30°C. Mix the water, yeast and milk powder in a bowl. Add the EVOOAdd the two types of flour, the salt and the honey. Mix the dough lightly for at least 8 minutes.
- Let the dough rest in a glass bowl, cover it with a cloth and keep it in a warm area. An excellent option is to put it in the oven turned off, but with the light on.
- After 15 minutes, uncover the dough and fold it over several times until you have a smooth dough. It is important that your hands are damp and repeat the process until the dough is firm and no longer sticky.
- Leave it at ferment at room temperature for one hour. Once the time has passed, the pizza base is ready, roll it out with a rolling pin to the thickness of your choice.
- The dough is ready! Place it on the baking tray with baking paper, add your favourite ingredients and it's time to bake it.
Expert trick: If you prefer the dough thin and crispy, raise the oven temperature and leave it in the oven for a shorter time, i.e. about 10 minutes at 290º. If you like it thicker, bake it for 20 minutes at a temperature of 220º.
Now you know how to make homemade pizza dough with extra virgin olive oilWe provide you with all the necessary steps to enjoy an authentic Italian-style pizza at home.
You can buy EVOO online At Verde Divino, our varieties add exquisite nuances to your dishes. An excellent quality-price ratio to make the healthiest pizza dough at an irresistible cost. And you, what are you waiting for to make your favourite pizza with your homemade dough?