Arbequina extra virgin olive oil ice-cream recipe
Would you like to try a homemade ice cream with a Mediterranean touch? Nowadays you can make ice cream with almost any ingredient, but surely you would never have imagined making it with olive oil. If you want to surprise your guests with a super creamy ice cream, make a healthy sweet dessert for your children or even if you have a restaurant to include it in your menu, this recipe is a sure hit.
Ingredients for extra olive oil ice cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 grams of sugar
- 250 millilitres of whole milk
- 250 millilitres whipping cream
- 100 millilitres extra virgin olive oil variety Arbequina
How to make Arbequina EVOO ice cream
In order to achieve a special creamy texture, it is necessary to use the Arbequina varietyIt is widely used in confectionery thanks to its fruity, balanced and smooth flavour. The secret to a good texture and a delicious flavour is use the appropriate variety of EVOO. Discover the production method:
- Step 1Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and beat them together with the total amount of sugar in a bowl until frothy.
- Step 2Heat the milk together with the whipping cream in a saucepan, remove it when it is about to boil. Then add the egg yolk mixture and the sugar, start whisking.
- Step 3When everything is well mixed and thick, let it stand and allow it to cool down. After this, add the Arbequina olive oil until it is well integrated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Step 4It's time to chill! Put it in the freezer in an airtight container, take it out after an hour and stir the mixture. Then repeat this process every half hour for the next two hours. This will help to achieve a creamier, frost-free texture.
Now you can enjoy this delicious and healthy ice cream. You can accompany it with a drizzle of Arbequina olive oil and sprinkle some dark chocolate chips on top, the result will be exquisite! Now you know two dessert recipes with EVOO, an elegant and tasty Picual flan or a fresh ice cream with Arbequina olive oil for a different and creamy flavour. If you want to try these delicacies you can buy AOVE Picual and AOVE Arbequina in Verde Divino to enjoy a differential quality. A good extra virgin olive oil will enhance the flavour of the recipe. Which one do you want to try first?