Gazpacho is one of the traditional summer stars. And best of all: there are many versions of this popular recipe. One of the healthiest and tastiest is watermelon gazpacho. It is a perfect combination, as this fruit helps to balance the flavour, making it even cooler and milder.
If you want to prepare a delicious watermelon gazpacho recipeAt Aceites Moral, we tell you how and some of its most delicious variations so that you can enjoy different alternatives throughout the summer.
How to make watermelon gazpacho
Preparing a homemade watermelon gazpacho couldn't be easier. All you need to do is prepare the ingredients, know the exact quantities and blend them. The key to making a delicious gazpacho is use traditional and organic ingredients of good quality.
The good news is that all the ingredients used in the recipe are very healthy and have numerous benefits for the body. Watermelon is very diuretic and has a satiating effect, making it ideal for weight loss. In addition, together with tomatoes, it provides vitamin C, A and B vitamins, as well as magnesium and potassium. Cucumber provides a lot of fibre and numerous minerals, being very diuretic.
EVOO also provides a number of antioxidants healthy for your health. If you want your gazpacho to have very pronounced nuances, we recommend using the Picual variety, but if you prefer a mild flavour, choose a variety of Arbequina EVOO so that it blends in with the rest of the ingredients without standing out too much.
Steps to cook a traditional watermelon gazpacho
These are the ingredients you need to make four glasses - take note!
300 g tomatoes
150 g watermelon
120 g cucumber
1 tablespoon of EVOO
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon vinegar
a pinch of refined sea salt
The steps you need to follow to prepare a finger-licking watermelon gazpacho are simple. Here they are:
- Wash the vegetables well and cut them into pieces so that all the ingredients have enough space in the blender.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above to the blender jar and blend until smooth and homogeneous.
- Open the glass and taste it. If you prefer any of the ingredients to have more flavour, add a little and adjust, although with these quantities the result is delicious. Put it in the fridge to rest for a couple of hours.
Watermelon gazpacho recipe without tomatoes
Watermelon gazpacho without tomato is one of the many ways to prepare this recipe. The traditional Andalusian dish has been extended with other combinations. These are the ingredients you need for four people and the steps to make it.
- 500 g rindless watermelon
- 1/2 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons of EVOO
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- a pinch of salt
- Chop the watermelon and half a pepper and add them to the blender. Add the garlic clove and vinegar.
- Whisk well until the mixture is smooth and finely ground, without lumps.
- Gradually add the EVOO, but do not stop whisking. This step will give the gazpacho the perfect texture.
- Add salt to taste and mix well. Afterwards, let it cool in another container in the fridge to serve it chilled.
Gazpacho can be served in a glass, as it was traditionally drunk. You can serve it in a glass with a couple of ice cubes and a good splash of EVOO. But if you are a team If you prefer to eat it with a spoon, you can add some bread croutons, cucumber pieces chopped into small squares and a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
Now you know all the tricks for cooking, a watermelon gazpachoso fresh and healthy that you won't be able to resist preparing it almost every day of the summer. Remember that using a good EVOO is essential to achieve the right texture and nuances. In Verde Divino you can choose your favourite variety or our a la carte pack where you can add different varieties to make it with a different twist every day.
Get all the ingredients, a quality EVOO, go through all the steps of its preparation, and bon apetite!