Looking for a recipe that is easy to make and healthy? Cream of courgette soup is perfect, it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is ideal for any occasion. It is a perfect dish for any season, as it can be eaten hot or cold.
Once you try it, you'll want to make it many times. It's a great choice for a first course, or even for dinner. Enjoy it every day or make it when you have guests at home - it doesn't disappoint! Here are the simple steps in the recipe from courgette cream.
Ingredients for courgette cream
These ingredients are for 4 people, the quantity varies depending on the number of people at the table. Take note of what you need to have ready in the kitchen to cook this delicious dish.
- 2 courgettes
- 1 potato
- Half an onion
- Verde Divino extra virgin olive oil
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 30 ml of liquid cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic clove (optional)
How to prepare courgette cream
- Cut the onion into julienne strips and fry it in a pan with a little EVOO. If you want, you can add a peeled clove of garlic. Leave the onion to cook over a low heat.
- Chop the unpeeled courgettes. Then peel the potato and cut it into pieces. When the onion is soft, add them to the casserole. Leave to fry, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and leave it all in the pan for 20 minutes. After this, puree it with a blender.
- Add the cream back to the pan, add salt and pepper to taste. Add the cream so that the texture of the puree is not too thick. Leave to cook for a further 5 minutes and it is ready to serve!
Expert tip: If you are going to prepare this cream for guests and you want the colour to be intense and to catch the eye as soon as you see it, add a bit of courgette skin. The green is stronger, just wash the skin well.
What to accompany the courgette purée with?
When serving the cream, you can serve it with a few slices of ham or croutons. If you serve it hot, a delicious option is to sprinkle a little pepper and grated cheese on each plate.
Whatever your choice of accompaniment, you can't miss the perfect finishing touch with a splash of Organic EVOO. This variety combines wonderfully thanks to its apple, tomato and almond aroma. The result is finger-licking good.
If you want to surprise with its presentation at a special dinner, you can serve it in a glass with a drizzle of EVOO. You can also present it in shot glasses and sprinkle ham shavings on top to serve as a starter at a meal. Your guests will be surprised.
Be warned: this courgette cream recipe You'll love it, you'll make it often, both on a daily basis and when you have guests at home. Best of all, it is ideal for summer, but also for the colder months.